This fine jewellery manufacturer and distributor requires an experienced designer based in their offices/showroom in W
Head Office and Admin Vacancies
A highly numerate and computer literate Stock Controller required for this luxury fine jewellery retailer in the West End of London. SAP experience preferred and a knowledge of shipping and export beneficial
Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
Reporting to: Head of Retail & Disposition
Based: Jewellery Centre, Rochester, Kent
H&T are one of the UK’s leading alternative credit, retail and FX providers and have a long history dating back to the late 1800’s. H&T currently have 180 shops across the UK and employ 1100 members of staff across the estate including a Head Quarters in Surrey, Loan Centre in Merseyside and Jewellery Refurbishment Centre in Kent.
Responsible for accurately identifying/describing/authenticating and pricing gem set and diamond items that come through the department.
Prepare estimates of sales of loose and melee diamonds.
• Accurately identify and describe gem set items in the department.
• Accurately identify and describe diamond items in the department. Grade the stones for colour, clarity, cut and carat.
• Ability to identify exceptional items including antiques and vintage.
• Advise Head of Retail regarding trends and industry information that could result in changes to the process.
• Write industry publications and blogs for our own website.
• Is able to make recommendations on existing stock for disposition outside of own store. e.g. Certifying of stones, Specialist Retail requirements.
• To estimate wholesale and retail value of gems, following pricing guides, market fluctuations and various economic changes that may that affect.
• To complete pricing comparative shops accurately and report back to HOD.
Training of Staff
• Advise stores and other team members.
• Advise and help the training department.
Provide a high standard of service to the stores, whilst answering queries.
Ensure all processes are followed adhering to any compliance acts (e.g. Trading standards).
Health and Safety
Develop and maintain strong co-operative relationships wi
This role is to provide an accurate and comprehensive administration service to the Jewellery team and to support the sales function. You will perform data-entry, documentation, printing and filing duties. Undertake daily sock control duties and monthly inventory checks. Communicate directly with clients. Maintain production time frames with the various production facilities, orders and delivery dates. Write purchase requests. Create and maintain useful databases for the department. Research fashion trends. Assist with daily show room activities - jewellery display & cleaning and assist at in house events.
To be office based, you will deal with sales enquiries, you must be highly numerate and have experience previously of export, shipping, quality control, and product selection. You will respond to client enquiries, and must be able to work to a deadline. SAP experience essential